The September 2013 release of CUPS Cloud Print is rolling out to repositories currently, and has many fixes to how print options are handled.
Print options specified when a document is printed are now obeyed, so whether to print in colour for example can be selected on a per-print-job basis.
The individual parts of CUPS Cloud Print can also now report their version numbers, for example:
Returns the version number of the list cloud printers command ( 20130914 in this example ):
CUPS Cloud Print Printer Lister Version 20130914 133422
There is a known issue with some versions of LibreOffice not submitting user-selected print options ( color/black choice, paper size etc ), this is still be investigated
- NEW: Use display name if available for generating values for ppd
- NEW: Added version param to scripts
- NEW: Added test cases and list of capabilities for testing internal name function
- FIX: Prevent duplicate options and capabilities being generated
- FIX: Post name of capability instead of internal hash, should fix issues with capabilities failing to work correctly
- FIX: Fixed displaying of errors from Google side ( eg when print proxy is down )
- FIX: Allow overriding print params per print job
- CHANGE: Removed gcp_ prefix for capabilities ( unless conflicts with reserved words )
More information, and packages for the most common Linux distributions are available on the CUPS Cloud Print home page .
Users using repositories to install CUPS Cloud Print will receive the update automatically when updating their system next.